Exit

Manage video and pictures

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together

Please for a tip.

We manage all family pictures & video in Lightroom 6.14. My videos and pictures come from smartphones (iOS & Android) and a system camera (Fujifilm X-T20 asap Sony A 7 IV)

The goal is to manage all pictures & video in one place and create a simple slideshow with picture and video if needed.

However, currently I am facing the problem that H.265 videos (iPhone 8 .mov) cannot be processed in Lightroom.

- Do you know if Lightroom CC (latest version) can now handle all video?
- How do you cut videos without losing the original metadata (especially recording date and coordinates)?

- I have noticed that the correction of the recording time in Lightroom for video files is not written to the metadata of the files in the same way as the pictures. How do you correct the metadata of video files?
- Should a separate program be used for video management (library and simple trimm/cutting)? How can I combine this with my Lightroom library?
- Do you know a program (or workflow) that can convert H.265 to H.264 without losing the metadata (especially shooting date and coordinates)?
- Or at least a way to maintain the metadata again according to the original file?

The following attempts were only partially successful.
- Program "HandBrake" Convert original file to MP4 H.264 1080p --> can be imported by Lightroom, but metadata is lost (recording date/time of video files is not written to metadata when corrected in Lightroom. However, it does for images. I suspect a different metadata format for videos and images).

- Program "LossLessCut" convert original file to MP4 --> still can't be imported by Lightroom, metadata still exists.

Reference post:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/probleme-beim-import-von-videodateien-i...

Thanks for your help/tips

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do you know if Lightroom CC (latest version) can now handle all video?"

Some info here on H.265 support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/heic-files-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines