• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing redundant stitched pano file names in LRC library

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DNGs from my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone to stitch in Lightroom.  Usually the resulting panos have much better detail than the JPGs stitched by the aircraft's built-in processor.  To be expected since it only produces a JPG.

Lightroom in general will take the first file name of a pano series and append "Pano" to it.

The problem is, all of the pano shots from the M2P have generic names, like Pano0001.DNG (though placed in separate folders)

As a result if I stitch these in LR Classic (Mac version),, it produces a Pano0001-Pano.DNG.  So if I have 6 folders of pano shots and I stitch them all, I will have 6 Pano0001-Pano.DNG files.

In separate subfolders of course but they will have these redundant file names so if I export them later to another program or to upload online ,then it becomes a hassle.

I'd like to have more control naming them and having unique pano (and for that matter, Hyperlapse files) in my LRC library.

But I see no way to rename the Pano files nor an easy way for LRC to recognize them by more unique names I would give them, other than to re-import them.

Has anyone found a better way to manage these drone panos stitched in LRC?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Imported files can be renamed inside LrC, to some naming scheme using info derived from the photos if desired, either during import or else later. I'd go so far as saying: re-importing images is never the answer, no matter what the question!

I presume these DNGs and their containing folders are generated either in the camera or else by some sort of transfer utility - and have been retained as-is when importing to Lightroom Classic - correct? So a different named import preset could cover this case - for example automatically renaming during import, adding a date-time prefix to - or entirely replacing - these not-very-useful Pano0001-type file names. This would group and differentiate all the pano capture files coming from one exposure, as distinct from those belonging to the next exposure. It is arguable whether the subfolders should be retained or not, LrC import can also be set as you want in that respect.

But however done, the new pano merge generated within LrC will then automatically inherit some more useful and distinctive naming.

And then within LrC you can drag+drop this newly made merged file up out of that subfolder. And in due course - if desired - remove the whole subfolder with those DNGs inside, and perhaps remove the camera stitched JPG too, from the Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines