• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually grouping and organizing profiles

Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a lot of profiles from different vendors. Usually they automatically place themselves nicely in groups in the Profile Browser. But some of them come in separate groups, even if they are from the same vendor. This looks pretty messy. When I choose "Manage Profiles" I can only activate or deactivate them, but I can not choose how they are grouped. 

And it doesn't seem to be sufficient to put them in the same folder in the Settings folder where the profiles are stored. Is there a way I can manually group these profiles? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a profile file in TextEdit, and as I thought, the group name is baked into the file itself. I managed to change the group name, but even if I give profiles the same group name, they still appear in separate groups in the Profile Browser, named "GroupName", "GroupName (1)", etc. There is still something I do not quite understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! The area between two lines in the Profile Browser is called a cluster. And profiles grouped together after a clickable triangle is a group.

Skjermbilde 2022-01-18 kl. 07.39.54.jpg

To change this, one can right click on a profile in the Profile Browser and choose "Show in Finder", then open the file in TextEdit. One of the first code lines is: 

crs:Cluster="ClusterName".

Replace the name between "…" to whatever you want. 

Then scroll all the way down to one of the last lines:

<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">GroupName</rdf:li>

Replace the name between >…< to whatever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's documented in the Profiles SDK - see https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#resources

The video here may also interest you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines