• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map tab Navigator and Map both solid pale blue, LRC 10.2

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to move around on the map by dragging, the map and its navigator panel both turned to a pale solid blue, except for the Google Mapdata @2021, scale bar, and Terms of Use legend at the bottom. Oh, I see that the Navigator window has the "you are here" rectangle, too. Restarting LRC didn't help. Lightroom Classic 10.2, per Help menu.Screenshot 2021-05-21 151925.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

LR is showing you a location over the ocean. Your screenshot doesn't indicate one way or the other whether a photo with GPS coordinates is currently selected, since the filmstrip isn't showing.  

"It began working a few hours later."

Probably because you then had a photo with GPS coordinates over land selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my post to add: I restarted Windows 10 and I opened Lightroom Classic as the first application. Blue screens like I illustrated at first.

Then I opened a new Test catalog. It is empty, but the Map tab looks the same, blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what you think should happen with a dynamic Google Map in a static image editor.   From where I sit, they are incompatible.  But in any case, you posted this in "Using the Community" which is for questions about using the forums.  I'm moving this to LR Classic.  Hopefully one of the experts there can help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect to see the map on which Lightroom shows the geographic locations of the files in the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It began working a few hours later. I suppose it was a service outage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is showing you a location over the ocean. Your screenshot doesn't indicate one way or the other whether a photo with GPS coordinates is currently selected, since the filmstrip isn't showing.  

"It began working a few hours later."

Probably because you then had a photo with GPS coordinates over land selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is showing you a location over the ocean. 

You've got it! Thanks. Not exactly, though. A photo was selected that had bogus GPS coordinates I had unintentionally dragged the photo. I've no idea why LR moved it so far: I found the photo that shows blue on the map and zoomed out. It was many miles west of Pt. Arena. 

When I realized it had been dragged, I tried multiple UNDOs, but alas, apparently that operation is not undoable.

Four photos in all are misplaced, though the other three are within a few miles. Apparently, you can "fling" photo and it really flies! What a misfeature. Yet, I haven't tripped over it before, and I've been using it since LR 2 in 2008.

I will recover the camera's GPS values from backup files.

> Your screenshot doesn't indicate one way or the other whether a photo with GPS coordinates is currently selected, since the filmstrip isn't showing.  

I hide it when I am not relying on it. 

Thanks again.

Dick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. I remember being mystified there first time I saw an all-blue map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines