• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask application and transferring to PS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing an issue with LR Classic this morning. Prefacing this by stating that I've been away from Adobe editing tools for a while and the new masking features in Classic are new to me.  I've used the linear gradient masking to enhace the sky in a landscape photo and when I transfer the image over to photoshop the edit doesn't apply (the bland sky I "fixed" in LR Classic). How do I assure that the masking edits in classic transfer over to PS?  I've done a little searching for the answer with no luck. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Pleas don't be offended if I list some 'Beginner' mistakes-

- Have adjustments been made to sliders for the Gradient masking? The mask 'Overlay' does not apply to the image.

- Is it possible you adjusted global sliders in the Basic panel (below the Tool slider panel).

- Editing a RAW or JPG/TIF image.  If JPG/TIF then in the [Edit-in] dialog do not select [Edit Original]. Instead select [Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments].

And to add to other answers, sometimes an un-install of Ps &LrC, t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen sometimes if your Camera Raw engine is not at the latest version and compatible with LRs raw processing. The handling of local adjustments in LR changes significantly in the latest version. 

Please let us know the exact version numbers of Photoshop and Camera Raw you are using. Check the Adobe CC Desktop app to see if you have any updates available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. Checking lightroom, it indicates Camera Raw 14 (11.0.1 release).  Photoshop version 23.0.2.  For what it's worth, when I apply global edits to a raw file, when I open in photoshop, the edits are apparent there.  It appears that it's only the mask adjustments that aren't applied.

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll verify that all the most recent updates are applied and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated all of my adobe applications and the issue remains.  I'm imagining I'm dealing with operator error rather than a software glitch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not experiencing this problem with Lightroom Classic 11.2, Photoshop 23.1.1, Windows 11.

What do you mean by "transfer the image over to Photoshop"? What are the exact steps?

What is the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic? What is the exact version NUMBER of your Photoshop? What is the exact version NUMBER of your ACR? What is the version number of your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps: Make image adjustments in LR Classic then choose --> photo --> edit in --> PS 2022 (image opens in PS).

I posted the adobe versions above.  Using Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1.  Again, all recent versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic version 11.2.  Latest updates applied and the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use any third party develop presets?

Did hou use any third party profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up Photoshop, Look at the plug-ins. What is the ACR version listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleas don't be offended if I list some 'Beginner' mistakes-

- Have adjustments been made to sliders for the Gradient masking? The mask 'Overlay' does not apply to the image.

- Is it possible you adjusted global sliders in the Basic panel (below the Tool slider panel).

- Editing a RAW or JPG/TIF image.  If JPG/TIF then in the [Edit-in] dialog do not select [Edit Original]. Instead select [Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments].

And to add to other answers, sometimes an un-install of Ps &LrC, then re-install  Ps & LrC (in that order), can correct unusual 'bugs'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No offense taken! Truth be told, I hadn't upgraded my Adobe suite since 2015, so getting familiar with the updates has been a bit of a journey.  You nailed the issue, I was working with the global sliders rather than the sliders associated with the linear gradient mask I was attempting to use.   Helped to click the down arrow to reveal them (Duh!)!

You have my eternal gratitude!  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines