Mask color overlay (brush) disappearing in Lightroom Classic 11.4

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've never had this happen before and can't find anything online to help, so figured I'd see if any other's might be able to help. I'm just doing a light white color overlay brush mask, and then using the negative/minus brush to clean up a few areas I over brushed. The problem is that when I click done, the mask is not even showing up...I'm hoping it's just something dumb I'm overlooking from lack of sleep...ha, ha...thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask automatically disappears when you exit the masking tool panel. This is by design. You should see the effects of the edit though. While you have the masking panel open you should see the mask when you hover over it. Does that work for you? Or, am I misunderstanding your question?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally figured it out...I liked the way the white overlay looked after I brushed it on, but wasn't making any adjustments...so to the app, it didn't realize that there was even a mask so to speak since no changes. All I had to do was make a couple tiny adjustments in the toolbar like increase exposure a little and then it saved it. I'll keep this here since someone else may come across the same issue...probably a rookie move on my part. Thanks for the input.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You conflated the Mask Overlay with Mask edits.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think of a mask as a container for a selective edit. It isn't the same as painting on an image.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines