• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mask Panel does not appear in Full Screen Mode on Apple Silicon MacBook 14"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Lightroom 11.01 tonight, on a brand new MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro with 32GB of memory and 10 cores.

There are several bugs.

- BUG - The popup, for the completion of the import process (Smart Previews Created), does not pop-up onto the top of the main screen. It's like it's behnd the screen and not visible. I had to reduce the window size from Full-Screen to the smaller size before the pop-up became visible. Before I did this everywhere I clicked on the screen and the computer beeped, unhelpfully.

- BUG - Mask Panel does not pop out to show that you have created a mask and allow you to add a mask for the first time.

- BUG - When I hit the Mask Icon on the develop menu (the round shaped patch like thing all the way to the right.) to create a second mask after having already created a mask, the Mask Menu with it's various chocies about what kind of mask to create also does not show up. So you cant create one except by using a short-cut key.

After screwing around with this for a while, I found that these issues appeared to go away when I changed my window from Full-Screen mode back to the multi-window mode on my computer. I am also working with an external BenQ Photographers monitor and the same issue with being full screen or the smaller window showed up with LR displayed there.

System Details

MacOS 12.01

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,3

Chip: Apple M1 Pro

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 32 GB

System Firmware Version: 7429.41.5

OS Loader Version: 7429.41.5

Serious waste of my evening....

JP

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

This bug was fixed in 12.2. If you are still experiencing the issue, please start a new thread. 

Thanks!

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
93 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher, if you are seeing this with the window not maximized, please post a full screen capture so we can see what's happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are seeing this with the window not maximized, please post a full screen capture so we can see what's happening. 

Will do the next time it happens.  As I say, I have always been able to restore the default behavior by terminating and then restarting the LR process, which is what I have done each time this has happened—including the last time, which was about an hour before my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me! I must have accidentally moved the window so that it wasn't touching the edge of the screen.  Once I expanded it again, the box came back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine disappeared but not due to maximizing to full screen, but from moving from the second monitor to iMac 5K monitor, then back to Cinema Display, it disappeared. I moved it back to the iMac 5K monitor and it reappeared. Back to the Cinema Display and it disappeared. So I moved it back to the iMac, undocked the panel then moved the main window back to the Cinema Display once again and dragged the panel back over and redocked it and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing happened to me today. My screen was not in the full 'maximized' size. But once I did that, the masking tool bar came back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing just happened to me but restarting LR 11.4  brought it back. I guess the bug has not yet been fixed. Oh, my screen was not maximized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just made a similar post as had not found this topic. Has happened several times to me maximized or not makes no difference, the create new mask option has just vanished. The only way is to clos LR and reopen
I am on iMac Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening to me and it's been going on for a few updates at least. Closing and reopening LR is the only solution. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an alternative to having the Masks window floating / attached to the screen edge, you can drag it to "dock" within the right side panels just below the Histogram. It then stays put reliably in my experience (expanding while Masking is active, otherwise hidden) no matter what happens to the overall application window.

Disclaimer, I am on Windows but was having similar problems with the floating mask panel, to what's been described with MacOs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As richardplondon stated, once visible, move it to under histogram, for many that makes it stick. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did'nt but will next time I'm in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a MacStudio the Panel intermittently disappears, resizing the window from full screen to non full usually makes it re-appear very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

Same issue here on a MacStudio the Panel intermittently disappears, resizing the window from full screen to non full usually makes it re-appear very annoying

And, did you move it so it was docked just above the basic panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did it as a workaround but prefer it where it was and it used to work since it's introduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefanf58290378 wrote:

Yes I did it as a workaround but prefer it where it was and it used to work since it's introduction

And, after it is docked at that location, and you then close and reopen LrC.

a. Does it show up just where you left it.

b. And when you move it to where you want it, does it then stick upon closing/restarting LrC/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 11.5, bug still exists, and I do not maximize window on MacPro 2013 running MacOS Big Sur 11.7, I run it windowed. Has existed for last 3 Lightroom versions. As an artist who works 8-10 hours at a time in lightoom it's very annoying. In a session I probably apply 250 or more masks to 60 or so images. This bug occurs maybe a dozen times in that timeframe having me restart lightroom each time. Also occurs on a 2018 MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  This needs a fix as it's a big time waster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date, the Lightroom Classic team has been unable to reproduce this issue. 

1. If anyone on this thread has detailed step-by-step reproduction instructions for consistently reproducing this event we would like you to post these so that we can again attempt to reproduce the failure.
    Reproduction steps:

6. If you can, when posting the instructions please give additional information about your
    Mac Specs:
    OS Version:
    Your workspace arrangement (is LrC Full Screen? Are other apps full screen? Are you using multiple monitors? Which monitor is Lightroom active on? etc)

This information will go a long way towards identifying and reproducing the issue so that the engineers can look at a fix. 

Thanks for your help!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted and the mask panel popped up, docked it as you suggested and this has worked! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens randomly, without prompt. My mask box was there when I left for a shoot yesterday, and when I came back this morning, box is gone. Short of restarting the program, which I have done many times to short-fix the issue, since there is now option to hide or show the box, I simply tried sliding the right panel to expand and contract, and it popped up. Super anoying, and there goes 25min of production time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No" not "now" ... sorry, it's early after a late night :camera: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there should be an edit option or delete option at least... What is this, Twitter? And no emojis???

smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

richardplondon_0-1664893877229.png

try the three-dots "More" menu below your reply

Votes