Mask Layers Box Disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am still getting used to the new light room 2021 update. The sub panel box that usually appears to the left of the tools panel that has all my layer masks on it has disappeared. I must've accidentally docked it somewhere? But can't seem to figure out how to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021
I see you are on a MAC. Do you have LrC maximized? Might be a display bug on MACOS and v11.0 involving maximum screen. (I cannot locate a link, something in the back of my head) You did not state if you updated the bug fix v11.0.1, but I have no idea if that possible bug was addressed in v11.0.1

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box only shows if you have selected the Masking tool. Did you select that? You can dock it at the top of the right panel, but again it will only show if you select the Mask tool.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have it selected, but the small box does not show up with all the masks and option to create new mask. All that is there is one mask as indicated by the black toggle pin on the picture, I am unable to create a new mask :-(. It was working well until just a couple of hours ago. The dialog box just simply disappeared and I have no idea how to bring it back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of Develop showing the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are on a MAC. Do you have LrC maximized? Might be a display bug on MACOS and v11.0 involving maximum screen. (I cannot locate a link, something in the back of my head)

You did not state if you updated the bug fix v11.0.1, but I have no idea if that possible bug was addressed in v11.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. And yes, I was on max screen. I minimized the screen and the mask box reappeared! Thank you! Will look into the bug fix update also. I went to light room and it said version was up-to-date. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go and post your issue under bugs. That would help others and provide Adobe Techs with a nudge.

If a bug post already exists, no big issue, the moderators would merge later.

When you post it, be creative descriptive with the title, something like

Bug, MACOS, Mask Panel Disappears if LrC at Max Screen

Include screenshots, include your System Info as LrC reports it (include info from first line down to and including plug-ins)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion, I was having the same problem and this fixed it

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This just happened to me. The mask panel disappeared. I'm running LrC 11.3. After reading this thread, I just restarted Lightroom and the panel came back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing just happened to me but restarting LR 11.4  brought it back. I guess the bug has not yet been fixed. Oh, my screen was not maximized. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this sporadically on 11.3.1 / MacOS 11.6.5 (with the LR window not "maximized."  I have not been able to reliably reproduce the behavior or to correlate the failure with any particular sequence of prior actions.  (Race condition?)  Terminating the LR process and restarting so far always has restored the default behavior.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher, if you are seeing this with the window not maximized, please post a full screen capture so we can see what's happening. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are seeing this with the window not maximized, please post a full screen capture so we can see what's happening. 

Will do the next time it happens.  As I say, I have always been able to restore the default behavior by terminating and then restarting the LR process, which is what I have done each time this has happened—including the last time, which was about an hour before my previous post.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me! I must have accidentally moved the window so that it wasn't touching the edge of the screen.  Once I expanded it again, the box came back!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine disappeared but not due to maximizing to full screen, but from moving from the second monitor to iMac 5K monitor, then back to Cinema Display, it disappeared. I moved it back to the iMac 5K monitor and it reappeared. Back to the Cinema Display and it disappeared. So I moved it back to the iMac, undocked the panel then moved the main window back to the Cinema Display once again and dragged the panel back over and redocked it and all is well again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing happened to me today. My screen was not in the full 'maximized' size. But once I did that, the masking tool bar came back. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines