• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mask lightroom classic

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working with lightroom and with the new update, he added the mask, and when I change the background to different protrait I cannot export the portrait with the mask ask, what can I do?
Example I have green background portraits, I switch them to white background, and well for exporting the background and green, we do not opouvons save and export with the masks?
thanks in advance

eric

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshots might help to better explain the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the masks are in development, if I take a portrait on a green background and put it on a white background, then if I go back to the library tab, and I export the photo it is on a green background, it doesn't keep not in memory retouching the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That and your original post makes absolutly no sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you think you can export the mask overlay, but that is not how masks work. The overlay is just a way to view the mask, and one of the views is that the mask is shown in white. That does not mean you have changed the background to white, it means that Lightroom shows you the background as white so you can see what you masked. If you want to turn the background white by using a mask, then you will have to try to do that by applying an extreme exposure adjustment (+5) to that background.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much and how is your for the +5 exhibition? in fact these masks on lightroom just make you want but don't help if we can't save them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Showmedialive wrote:

thank you very much and how is your for the +5 exhibition? in fact these masks on lightroom just make you want but don't help if we can't save them.

I'm afraid you do not understand what a mask is. A mask is not an adjustment. A mask is a means to control where the adjustment takes place and where it doesn't take place. I suggest you watch a few YouTube videos about this new feature.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines