Exit

mask synchronization

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a mask synchronization issue.
When I synchronize several images, the masks are transferred to the other photos but are no longer in the same place. 
Can someone help me ? I've searched, but I can't find the problem. thank you
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more information? It's not clear what the problem is. The masks are transferred so what is missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 
The masks shift, and are no longer at all in the same place.
So everything has to be redone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is one of the photos directly from the camera and the other edited in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, both photos are from lightroom.

The first is the one I retouched, with localized masks.

The second is the result when I synchronize (or copy paste) the editing parameters on a second photo from the same series.

The retouching masks copied and pasted well, but they went anywhere in the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop, type "i" to display the info overlay in the upper-left corner of the photo. What are the file extensions of the two photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are in .CR2 (raw file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@studiom3320893 

Are you syncing the masks to virtual copies or other photos?

Are you syncing the masks to photos with the same crop/aspect ratio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all real independent photos, there are no virtual copies.

The photos are the same framing / angle of view. They are taken with a tripod and no parameter moves between the 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@studiom3320893 

Usually LR should sync Masking correctly between different photos IF the crop, the aspect ratio is identical.

In other cases Lr fails to sync correctly Masking.

In case please download the Plug-in "Copy Settings"

by @johnrellis 

Link here. 

With it you should not have problems at copying/syncing Masking in any scenario you desire + more useful features that LR doesn't have.

Copy Settings is superior to LR internal copy settings, I recommend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you describe here, the masks should align when synced. Have you tried this with a different series of images? Does it work as expected sometimes, but not all of the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's exactly it. On some images of the same series, the masks are well synchronized, and on others not.

I have the same problem on other photo series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make progress on understanding what's going wrong and file a bug report with Adobe, we'll need two sample photos showing the problem (a source photo and target photo of the sync).  Select the two photos after you've done the Sync, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, upload the photos and their .xmp sidecars to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar, and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines