Exit

masking adjustments unacceptable in v11

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 11. Downgraded to 10.4

Upgraded to 11.1 Downgraded to 10.4

New masking tools in v11 are confusing and do not work as well as v10.x. Workflow in v11 is time consuming and the quality of final output is poor. Making fine adjustments using Luminance are unacceptable.

Lightroom is an incredibly important tool that I use in my profession. It's how I make a living. When Adobe throws a wrench into the works and technical support is useless with no suggestions I am forced to look into other products that can serve me better.

Adobe needs to do better.   

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble experienced. Would you mind sharing a few details so that we can assist you better? What exactly are you finding confusing with the mask tool in version 11? Can you please help us with the workflow? Does version 10.4 give you the desired output? We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra sterps in v11.1 are required to acces the masking tools and make fine adjustments in those tools. Also the output after adjustments is not acceptable. Attached are the same original (DNG) processed identically with v11.1 and v10.4. 

And please also allow us to run multiple versions of Lightroom without the uninstall/install process like we are able to with Photoshop.  This would help with the ease of transistion to newer versions along with the ability to jump between versions for reference of certain adjusmets that just don't cooperate in newer versions. This requires duplicate library versions but storage space is cheap.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Luminance range works differently in the new masking. You cannot use the same numbers and expect the same result. You also did not find how to add a 'feather'. In the previous version you would set the range to 70 for example, and then add a feather with the Smoothness slider. That would feather on both sides, so 70 would be the middle of the feathered range. Now you can feather on each side separately, and if you start at 70 again, that is where the feathered range will begin.

1 2022-01-05 14-58-35.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines