• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking in the new update to classic

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a mask I am having trouble saving it to the pic, when I click done it does not apply

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain in a bit more detail what you try to do. The mask itself is just a means to apply edits to only a part of the image. So if you create a mask and do not make any adjustments with the sliders, then you won't see anything happening when you press 'Done'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a mask and then make adjustments with the sliders but when I press Done it doesnt save the changes it reverts back to the original pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots of what you have just before and just after you press 'Done'?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I dont think so If I go to export before I pess Done it appears as the original at the place it was exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you confusing/conflating the mask overlay with mask edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify. On Lightroom Classic, you do not need to click anything to apply the edits. Only on the mobile app do you have to click the check mark. What do you mean by click "done"?

-- Jenn Mishra, photographer & writer for Expert Photography & Photzy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone thanks for your help, I seem to have sorted out my issue, I think that I was just cofusing things and with your help and persistance I have it sorted.

Thanks again this is the first time I have used this forum and the help has been great. I have another question that I will post in more detail soon and it relates to classic being unavailable once I have spent considerable time out of internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jenn_at_WitsEnd  What do you mean by click "done"?

The [Done] button appears 'right' below the main image window-

2021-11-19 15_48_13-Masking in the new update to classic - Adobe Support Community - 12532951 — Mozi.jpg

You may not see it if you have the Toolbar hidden!  Press [T] to toggle Toolbar visible.

The [Enter] or [Return] key achieves the same as the [Done] button.

Or, Clicking on the Masking Tool icon will also close the Masking panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that, but why would you click "Done"? The change apply automatically. Simply, move on with your editing. This seems an unnecessary step.

-- Jenn Mishra, photographer & writer for Expert Photography & Photzy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jenn_at_WitsEnd wrote:

I see that, but why would you click "Done"? The change apply automatically. Simply, move on with your editing. This seems an unnecessary step.

Lightroom has this button for many tools. You can also hit the Enter key. One reason to click that button may be that this is the last edit you want to apply to this image, so now you want to move to the next image by pressing the right cursor key. That won't work if you do not apply the tool first by clicking 'Done' or hitting Enter.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines