• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking not working

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My masking has not been working since I updated my LRC. Only the brush and linear gradient work. If I select the subject masking, it doesn't recognize the subject, and it cannot detect a sky in ANY image. I use masking a lot so this is definitely affecting my turnaround times and work flow. I have YouTubed ans googled and have not been able to find a resolution. I uninstalled LRC and reinstalled it, and I'm getting the same issues. Can anyone help me!?

69829EC3-D880-4BE3-BC40-C83B98B27D28.jpeg

 

677779D8-6AE5-4475-9A30-F10769DDEEAC.jpeg

 

BC658143-AFD8-4663-AF7F-F18DC896ABD1.jpeg

 

43AC437C-15D0-44BB-B6AC-7FAAC732B0AF.jpeg

 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your hardware specs? You need 2GB VRAM minimum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue. I even intalled an older Lightroom Version but results are the same. Often it does not even detect Persons or if it does, it just gives me a huge box around the person.

I have a RX6600 Graphics Card, a Ryzen 5 and 32GB of DDR4 Ram.

The only thing i did to my system was giving it 16 GB more Ram, so instead of 2x8GB i now have 4x8GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OliverGSdid you not even read the message immediately above yours? The question is asked about how much video RAM (or VRAM) do you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read it and added even more information that might be helpfull.

The RX6600 has 8GB of VRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HollyFPhotos and @OliverGS, most problems with AI masking are caused by older, buggy graphics drivers. Try updating your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

If that doesn't help, please copy/paste here the entire contents of the LR menu command Help > System Info -- that will let us see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating now - My drivers was a AMD Radeon 6600 XT...hoping this
works. I will keep you posted

--
Holly Ferencuha
P:412-537-6256
www.hollyfphotography.com
www.facebook.com/hollyspictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Review your system's specs and compare them to the minimum requirements document*: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html 

*last revised at the Max 2022 release.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated my AMD Graphicscard drivers to the latest version and it worked for me! (Version 22.11.2)

Thanks for the Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines