Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking select object while in full screen mode

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I was using Lightroom Classic in full screem mode. I selected Masking/Create New Mask/Select Object. As soon as I moved the cursor over the image, Lightroom slid off the screen and I was looking at my home screen. Once I exited full screen mode, I was able to select the object and have it masked perfectly.

I'm using LRC 12.3, running under macOS 13.3.1, on a Mac Studio with an M1 Ultra chip.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I'm chagrined and more than a bit embarrassed to admit this, but the issue has been resolved. Let me explain.

I had been working for several days on a 2500 image import from a recent 7 day shoot. I had noticed that LR was getting a bit sluggish doing simple things, like moving from image to image, but rather than stop, back up my catalogue and restart, I just kept working. But FINALLY, after running into the masking problem and posting to the forum, I thought to quit and restart LR. I'm not sure if that would have been enough, because after LR finished backing up my catalogue and quitting, I noticed that the LR icon in the app tray was still showing the program to be running. So at that point I did a force quit and restarted the OS. That put everything back to normal. Was it a memory problem with LR or the OS or both? I suspect the latter, but will never know for sure. 

At any rate, thank you for your quick response and forgive me for not thinking this through before posting.

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to feel embarrassed. When LR starts misbehaving, all sorts of confusing things can happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines