Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Match exposures

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don´t know if this is a bug or not. But when I want to use the function match exposures it does not adjust the photos so they look the same. It jus copies the value of the chosen photo. So they get exactly the same exposure adjustment event though some are dark and some are light. So it´s basically working as synchronise settings. It´s under settings - match all exposures. I have chosen one highlighted photo as the target and then a row of other photos. But just copies the value from the target value

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match Exposures just changes the settings so the EV (Exposure Value) of the photos match.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want to try Absolute Adjustments in Quick Develop as there is a difference in Relative versus Absolute adjustments. QD is often looked down upon by users as Develop with training wheels. It serves an important function. The edits are relative to the existing conditions or edits. Say you have five bracketed images and use the Exposure button in QD. ALL five images will be adjusted relative to that one click rather than synchronizing all the photos with the same exposure value. Useful for batch processing, the same relative correction to many images. Use QD for a quick, first pass on getting images presentable for viewing so you can now select which image you will apply a ranking. This can be done in Lightroom (Command/Control C key to copy current settings, Command/Control V to paste settings). In the Library module, you can select multiple images to apply these edits. If using Sync..., select the image you wish to use as the “hero” with corrections, and select subsequent images in the filmstrip to paste settings. Auto Sync will sync without showing a dialog. Alt/Option toggles Sync… off so no dialogs appear. Control/Command toggles Auto Sync on and off. If using Auto Sync, you need to be SURE that the current settings are what you wish to use for this auto-update. Otherwise, Sync… will show you the current settings, which you can turn on or off. Key commands for altering Sync buttons in Develop: No keys: Sync…/Reset. Sync calls up dialog for syncing, Reset sets a new default! Alt/Option key changes buttons to Sync…/Set Default to Sync (no sync dialog). Set Default sets new default for LR using the current image. Control/Command changes this to Auto Sync (no dialog) permanently invoked. Reset sets image back to original, user default. Shift sets key command changes buttons to Previous/Adobe Reset. Previous is whatever the last settings were applied. Reset is Adobe defaults. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDVWkwAbe8

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@naseeml34863772 wrote:

Hi, I don´t know if this is a bug or not. But when I want to use the function match exposures it does not adjust the photos so they look the same. It jus copies the value of the chosen photo. So they get exactly the same exposure adjustment event though some are dark and some are light. So it´s basically working as synchronise settings. It´s under settings - match all exposures. I have chosen one highlighted photo as the target and then a row of other photos. But just copies the value from the target value

That is not how Match Exposures is supposed to work, and not how it works when I use it. When I use it, Lightroom changes the Exposure of each image individually, so they match even though some were underexposed and some were overexposed. What I have found however, is that the images need to be quite similar. You can't use 'Match Exposures' on a random selection of images, only on a series of images that are similar.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines