• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching color between 2 different Canon cameras

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feels like a silly, basic question but I haven't had to deal with it before and am totally lost on how to start. The changes I've made to my images are not working and I could really use some guidance on what to try next. 

I am a portrait photographer and have used my Canon 5D Mark II for years and LOVE it. It is the perfect work horse for what I do but the shutter is going so I need to upgrade. I bought a Canon R to get my foot in the Canon mirrorless door and am massively struggling to make the color match between the two. Per usual, the Mark II has the color tone/cast out of camera that I love. The Canon R is much more green and blah looking. 

My question is 2 fold -  I need to figure out how to match the images I have already taken that are loaded into LR. So far my ability to adjust and compensate has been a failure. Then after I figure out how to adjust those, I suspect it would be best to create a color profile to use when importing all my future images from the Canon R. I figured out how to do that but wanted to know if anyone has any different suggestions for how to fix this moving forward. 

I attached screenshots of different images for reference. I have done a side by side test to make sure it isn't the lenses that need to be corrected, so I think I can rule that out. In both of those screenshots, the left image is the Canon R and the right is the Canon 5D Mark II. 

I am open to any tutorials/forum posts that are already out there! I struggled to know how to phrase my question to pull up what I needed. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?