• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu freeze

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I pull down a menu lightroom freezes up and the only way to get out of it is to use the Task Manager to end the program. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, tried earlier versions, optimized my catalog, removed my most recent images from LR, reset the preferences. Please help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Hello. Just wanted to let you know that I found the problem. I noticed my touch pen was flaky so I deinstalled it and LrC started working immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHich OS, computer, and which version of LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Dell Inspiron Intel Core i7, Windows 10. LrC 11.2. Please see below comment for further info. This is the same system I've been using for several years. I just realized how little memory I have left so tomorrow I'll remove a bunch of stuff to see if that helps.

robertt91762566_0-1647320424092.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertt91762566_0-1647319844990.png

robertt91762566_1-1647319865405.png

Unfortunately, I can't get to the LrC system info because as soon as I drop down a menu it freezes. This is as far as I can get:

robertt91762566_2-1647319988010.png

It literally gets stuck at this point. But its version 11.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Windows Event Viewer, any events that might relate, might not be just a critical event.

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the event viewer. These were the events that happened just now when I opened and then closed LrC. Not really sure what these mean, though.

robertt91762566_0-1647320827432.png

I'm wondering if I'm just running low on memory. I'm going to try freeing up some to see if it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, click on that Error, a screen should show more info on it. What is shown? Actually, double click on it for more info, what is shown?

P.S. appears you have an issue with your WiFi, that's the Netwtw10 Warning.

see: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-shut-down-error-code-netwtw10sys-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I did things a little more controlled this time. At 6:25 I launched LR and did nothing until 6:26 when I pulled down a menu and it froze up. I did nothing until 6:28 when I used the task manager to end the program. So there doesn't seem to be any error being generated by LR. Below is the snippet. I'm going to try to free up memory since I'm running low to see if that does anything. Also, just want to say, I really appreciate your help. 

robertt91762566_0-1647394384672.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to contact Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. freeing memory didn't work either. Frustrating. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Just wanted to let you know that I found the problem. I noticed my touch pen was flaky so I deinstalled it and LrC started working immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So working without a pen tablet and everything in Lightroom Classic works? The driver for the pen tablet was outdated. Make sure to delete all parts  of that driver-some located deep in the  operating system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines