• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge to HDR from .raw / .dng files not showing in LR?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Recently I've been using the Merge to HDR function - after a few merges .dng files have stopped showing up in the icon section at the bottom of LR. If I view the folder I see that the .dng files have been created.

If I sync the folder the .dng files still fail to show up in LR.

Any ideas why?

Thank you in advance for any info

Martin D

Added tags.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

I'm wondering ... could this be a sort order issue? In Lightroom, can you try sorting by either capture date or file name? Use the menu command View->Sort

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering ... could this be a sort order issue? In Lightroom, can you try sorting by either capture date or file name? Use the menu command View->Sort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I'll take a look and let you know, at first the files showed up next to the files used for merging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem today, though I realize it's been years since you asked this question. The problem was that newly created .dng files don't automatically become part of a collection. Every time I went back into the collection to view my photos, the HDR files in .dng format were gone. I was able to retrieve them by going to "recently modified photos" under "smart collections." This is a major miss, in my view. If I'm working in a collection, I expect my merged HDR files to become part of that collection. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not experience what you are describing.

If I am "working in a collection", then my merged HDR-DNG file also appears in the Collection.

My screen-clips:

1) Images in a collection (HDR)

2021-07-25 10_24_43-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2) Immediately after creating a HDR from the 3 files- this is what I see-

2021-07-25 10_26_05-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

The new DNG file appears and is added to the number of photos in the Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can view the files in the collections when they are created...and when I close LR and reopen it, the .dng files are gone. It's happened with numerous collections now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I even have the dng files rated, and when I turn my filters on and off to filter by my rating, they still don't come up. Again, this is upon reopening LR, not when the HDR .dng files are initially created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I am out of ideas. When I restart Lr-Classic I still see the HDR-DNG in the Collection of the 3 originals.

Try toggling Filters off with [Ctrl/Cmd+L].

Also MENU:Photo > Stacking > Expand all Stacks

Post a new thread with your system details over at- Adobe Photoshop Family -Lr Classic 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines