Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

messy Lightroom issues. Huge issues. Help!

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using light room for a long time.  I love it.  But this past year I have had a couple of external drives fail and i had to move my photos twice to other drives.  Now I also created a new catalog to start over thinking this would help grt everything together.  That did not really help and i have added photos since then.  

I have duplictes and more of all my photos allover the place.  

What I want (need) to do is get rid of the duplicates, find the missing photos and get everything on one drive again so I know what is what.  

I need suggestions on how to do this or do I just need to start over again?

Also, if i start over with a new catalog and just import everything would the keywords stay?

I think i have under 100,000 original photos but so many duplicates.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are freeware software (and commercial software) that will find duplicate photo files. If you search this forum, you will find plenty of advice.

Your keywords are stored in your catalog(s). They may optionally be stored in your photo files (or sidecar .xmp files) and if they are, when you re-import you will see the keywords and edits appear when you import. If you did not turn on this option, then your keywords and edits will not come along when you import.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines