• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meta data on preview grid window for import OVER totally gray thumbnail NOT GRAYED OUT

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.2

LR 5.5

While trying to import a folder or even a subfolder from my external drive in ADD, the preview thumbnails show GRAY (not grayed out!) with photo metadata and correct number of photos in that folder but no image. If I open one image(not import), it will appear as the image connected to the image data but once I go back to grid view in import it changes back to a gray thumbnail.

All previously imported photos from years of imports appear normally.

I try importing a few (2-3)  of the gray thumbnails,  they import but very very slowly.

Last import was normal.

Tried importomg from a backup catalogue, same problem.

I'm stumped. Can't find an answer in google or community.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the external drive is responding very slowly to requests from LR. Try copying the folder to the internal drive -- do the symptoms go away?  If so, that would suggest hardware problems with the external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the response. Won't import from desktop either.  The dtrive is ok because my other 13,000 pictures already imported come up, quickly.

And now I have to force quit to get out of LR.  In the import window I have all these new sources to choose from whick I don't remember ever seeing...I have put a screenshot of these and the error report after force quitting.  Any ideas, would be greatly useful.  I imported without a problem a few months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using an ancient version of Lightroom in combination with the latest version of MacOS. Quite frankly that is asking for troubles. With each update of MacOS, your chances increase that your version of Lightroom is no longer compatible. And because it is unsupported, that will never be fixed. My suggestion would be to bite the bullet and subscribe to Lightroom Classic in the Adobe Photography plan.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hank you for the response. Won't import from desktop either.  The dtrive is ok because my other 13,000 pictures already imported come up, quickly.

And now I have to force quit to get out of LR.  In the import window I have all these new sources to choose from whick I don't remember ever seeing...I have put a screenshot of these and the error report after force quitting.  Any ideas, would be greatly useful.  I imported without a problem a few months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines