• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata - Edit Capture Time - No Dialogue Box

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in grid view.   My version is 11.3.1 on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.4.

I have followed the directions from Lightroom Queen:

Lightroom Classic – fix date and time

1. First, make sure you’re in Grid view so that your changes apply to all selected photos.
  2. Find a photo for which you know the correct time and note that time down—we’ll call this the ‘known time’ photo for the moment.
  3. Select all of the photos that need the time stamp changed by the same amount.
  4. Click on the thumbnail of the ‘known-time’ photo that we identified in step 2, making that photo the active (most-selected) photo without deselecting the other photos.
  5. Go to Metadata menu > Edit Capture Time to show the Edit Capture Time dialog. The preview photo on the left should be your ‘known time’ photo.

Step 5 is where I am stuck.  No dialogue box opens.  Is there something beyond being in Grid View that I should be doing to be able to access this dialogue box?  I've done this before.  Now, can't do it with a single photo or a batch.

Thanks,

Joe

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried on my computer running Monterey and it is working as expeted.

Are you looking under the top menu under Metadata?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screen shots.Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 16.06.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the window that opened.Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 16.06.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is where you are looking and the window does not appear, maybe try quitting LR and then relaunching it? Just grabbing at ideas here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If restarting LR doesn't help, try doing the menu command Window > Screen Mode > Normal.

If that doesn't help, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a memory issue when I import that has started recently.  I tried to quit, and that was grayed out.  Instead of trying to force quit, I worked on some other non-photography stuff.  Then, suddenly, three windows opened to change the capture time! Now, it works fine.  

I've recently had issues with imports taking way longer than they used to also.  I have a two year old computer with specs way beyond what Adobe recommends, so I'm not clear on what might be causing the issue yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh, there have been many reports about such flakiness since LR 11.3.  The general rule for LR applies even more strongly now than before: Restart early and restart often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnrellis - good to know! So far I have been lucky and no problems - on Monterey with latest LRC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines