Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata not being saved from catalog to catalog 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

How have you set this option for Presets in preferences?-

Rob_Cullen_0-1636398347162.png

If this is checked 'on' then the saved preset in one catalog will not be visible in another catalog.

Do you see any presets in the Metadata panel Preset: drop-down menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Everett16B8, we need more information about your problem before we can offer you any help.  What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Are you talking about converting an older version's catalog to a newer one?  Are you transferring a catalog from one computer to another?  Are you restoring a catalog backup?  Are you saving metadata to your files?

What exactly is your complaint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for lack of info... I am using LR Classic (not sure why discussion was moved to Elements) On a RMBP, Mojave. I have filled in the copyright info in metatdata presets. It saves the info until I create a new catalogue, but then the preset I created and saved for the metadata copyright info is not preset/saved.  My MBP permissions have full accessibilty.

Not sure why the preset isn't saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Everett16B8 wrote:

Sorry for lack of info..

Since you didn't specify the app, I assumed you were using the Catalog with PSE.

Moving to LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How have you set this option for Presets in preferences?-

Rob_Cullen_0-1636398347162.png

If this is checked 'on' then the saved preset in one catalog will not be visible in another catalog.

Do you see any presets in the Metadata panel Preset: drop-down menu?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you storing your presets with the catalog with this setting check in Preferences. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines