• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata mismatch message

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 12.1 on an iMac running Mac OS Ventura 13.1. I don't use Lightroom as much as I used to so my knowledge is outdated. Recently I started to see something odd in the Library module. It is a small symbol in the upper right corner of nearly every image. I have included the symbols below, along with the text of the messages I get when I click on one of the symbols. I receive one of 2 messages as shown. I am not sure why this is happening or what caused it. Nearly every image in my Library has one of these. I am unsure as to what will happen with either of the selections. It seems either way I may lose some editing information. Is this correct? Once I decide what to do, is there a way to change things in bulk? I have almost 5,000 images.

I attached 3 files to this note and I believe I followed the instructions. I hope they post okay.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. I am not sure what I did to get into this predicament.

Thank you.

Hector

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response and the links however they did not help resolve my issue. These are my questions:

1. What exactly do these messages mean?

2. Why did these icons show up only recently? I have been using Lightroom for years.

3. What data will I lose, regardless of the option I choose?

4. This is affecting nearly every photo in my library. Is there a way to fix this without going through the library 1 by 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines