• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata needs to be saved symbol after every change. Not saving automatically anymore.

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the update to version 11 I noticed that I got a lot of those upper right "meta data needs to be saved" symbols (3 bars with arrow down) on more and more thumbnails (maybe it was a problem before 11 and I didn't notice).

My setup is that I want LR to write xmp files for every image (for backup purpose to be independent from the LRcatalog in an emergency and for sharing photos with others). The setting in Metadata / auto sync active is set.

It syncs fine between LR Mobile/Web and LR Classic.

But it does not seem to update the xmps (if thats what the smybol means, I also noticed missing xmps for fresh raw files that got an edit synced from web).

I can do Metadata / save to file to remove that symbol. But as soon as I change anything in the development module its back.

Whats going on there?

Wurstkrapfen_0-1637072825039.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

I turned it off and on again. LR seems to have done some work after that. Maybe its working again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting in Metadata / auto sync active is set.

I don't know what setting this is, but it doesn't sound right, as saving to xmp has nothing to do with Sync. The setting you want says something like "Save changes automatically in XMP"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that in "catalog settings" and its also still activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned it off and on again. LR seems to have done some work after that. Maybe its working again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be sure, feed Lightroom Classic some bacon, it likes bacon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines