Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata presets

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Après avoir crée près de 1200 metadata presets, je n'ai plus accès à la fin de la liste dans l'onglet "Métadonnées" rubrique : "Modifier les paramètres prédéfinis des métadonnées". Même chose dans l'outil à droite de l'écran "Métadonnées"  "Paramètres prédéfinis". J'en ai supprimé une centaine en passant par "App Data" et le problème est réglé. Y a t'il donc un nombre maximum de métadata présets autorisé ou existe t'il un moyen d'allonger la liste de lecture ?

Merci de votre réponse.

Cordialement

HG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a long standing bug in Windows, which limits the length of lists to a certain number. It would seem as if you have exceeded this number and the bug now affects your lists.

For things like keywords, if you make the list hierarchical and then collapse portions of the hierarchy, you can work around this bug. I don't know if the same thing is available for presets, as I don't have that many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "After creating nearly 1200 metadata presets, I no longer have access to the end of the list in the "Metadata" tab, section: "Edit metadata presets". Same thing in the tool on the right of the screen "Metadata" "Presets". I deleted a hundred through "App Data" and the problem is solved. So is there a maximum number of metadata presets allowed or is there a way to extend the playlist?"

To build on dj_paige's reply, this is a longstanding bug in Windows Lightroom.  There are a number of panels in Windows LR where the original LR developers took shortcuts, and the size of the panels is limited to 65,535 pixels (2^16 - 1).  When you have too many keywords, folders, or collections to display in the panels, LR behaves very badly, silently refusing to display the lines, locking up, refusing to do drag-and-drops, etc. The maximum number of lines of text that can be displayed depends on the height of a line in pixels, which depends on the Windows display scaling and the setting of Preferences > Interface > Font Size. Typically the maximum is between about 1500 and 3200.  

See here for more details:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/collection-filter-locks-up-long-time/m-... 

This is the first time I've heard of someone trying to create that many metadata presets, but it doesn't surprise me that it is subject to the same maximum size.  

As dj_paige mentioned, the workaround for keywords, collections, and folders is to introduce hierarchy and keep most of it collapsed. But there isn't any way to do that for metadata presets.

If you describe your workflow and why that's leading you to create so many presets, we can perhaps suggest alternative efficient workflows that avoid this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour,

En fait, je crée une métadonnée par animal photographié. Ceci afin de ne pas avoir à rechercher le nom en anglais et en latin, l'ordre, la famille... chaque fois que photographie un animal que j'ai déjà dans ma bibliothèque.

Ayant 1200 espèces animales photographiées, de l'insecte à l'éléphant, j'ai donc 1200 metadata presets. 

Pour régler le problème, j'ai supprimé les poissons et les animaux dits captifs (éléphant, girafe et autres que je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de voir à l'état sauvage).

Bonne journée 

Cordialement

HG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse et pour la rapidité de celle-ci.

Cordialement

HG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines