• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata saving and writing

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I have corrected the date taken on a number of photos, external to Lightroom Classic, also I have added a lot of keywords and face tags within Lightroom Classic. I need to save metadata to all my photos to run a special anyfilter search. I understand there is within Lightroom, a feature to write metadata that has been changed in Lightroom, but not written to disk. If this is correct, should that make it safe for me to action this, as it shouldn't overwrite any time date MD in the files. Then after I can write the file MD back into LIghtroom, thus not losing any of my changes to files or within Lightroom, does that make sense ? I am going to change my workflow to eliminate this happening again. 

thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to save metadata to all my photos to run a special anyfilter search.

If you are talking about the Anyfilter Plug-in from John R. Ellis, this is not necessary, you do not need to save metadata to photo files to run Anyfilter. Nor does saving metadata to the photo files help Anyfilter in any way.

I don't know what MD is, so I can't answer the rest of your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MD metadata, The any filter search can not access Face tag info from within Lightroom Classic it has to access the files directly, this is as per an email from John Ellis, so I do need to do this, but I need to decide on a process where I don't lose the keywords and face tagging I have done within Lightroom Classic or the date changes made externally 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the clarification. I do not have advice on this topic, as I do not use face tags and was unaware of this information from John R. Ellis, so I stand corrected. I suggest you ask him what the best workflow is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just messaged him, if anyone knows he will 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is the Plug-in you are referring to by John Ellis.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 10.39.53 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Plugin has a comprehensive set of instructions for using the filter.

See a clip that may assist.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 10.50.18 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

i believe that exporting, copies all keywords face tag info, plus uses the date taken from the file, my test showed this to be so, hope that works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines