• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata won't update the photos' metadata

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type metadata (Title, Caption, etc.) in the panel on the right side, Lightroom CC is not updating the photo that I am editing. The problem started happening last week.

Here's what I have tried so far to no avail:

Restarted Lightroom CC 11.2.
Restarted my Mac.
Reinstalled Lightroom CC 11.2 on an M1 iMac OS Monterey 12.2.1. using Creative Cloud and restarted my Mac.
Deleted Lightroom CC preferences.
I ran First Aid on my Mac.

I tried opening a different catalog, and the problem does not exist. So, you'd think it's a catalog problem. However, when I switch back to the original catalog, the metadata problem is gone! BUT, later on, when I open Lightroom CC and the original catalog, the problem exists again!

To make things even worse, sometimes, when the metadata problem occurs, and I don't want to mess with it, I quit Lightroom CC, and it tries to backup my catalog, saying, "Backing up Up Catalog," but the progress bar goes back and forth. I watched it for 30 minutes one time and had to force quit Lightroom CC.

I did try importing all of my photos into a new catalog, but the images were supposed to be sorted by "Added Order," but they were all mixed up, not in the same order as my original catalog!

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wit's end!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Lightroom Classic Prefrences, see the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried resetting Lightroom Classic Preferences, and the problem still occurred. Thanks for the suggestion, though, Denis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tcdriver, did you ever get it solved?  I'm also having issues with Lr Classic not reading metadata changes...but only on some photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, and I tried all of the suggestions. So, I switched to Capture One Pro. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines