Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata writing issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a Monterey 12.6 Macbook Pro A1 16G RAM with the 11.5 Lightroom Classic.

After editing and rating hundreds of photos yesterday I opened my laptop (only sleeping) and reconnected the hard drive from which the original files are imported from. I saw this exclamation point on the top right of the photo preview in the library, and clicked on it thinking that LRC needed me to relocate the filesn after being disconnected from the drive while the computer was sleeping.

Instead I got the following message (see screenshot attached).

- I then first click on "retry metadata export" and got another error message (see second screenshot attached).

- So I then clicked on "Import Metadata from disk"

- I noticed that all my photos were back to originals and I am now looking for a way to undo it and reverse this action in order to recover all my edits and ratings.

Note that the latest LRC back up file I have is too old (over two weeks old) and this collection was not imported in LRC back then so I cant retrieve any edits from there either.

Looking forward to your answer.

Regards,

AB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not open any attachments here in the Adobe forums. So you need to include screen captures in your reply via the "Insert photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 1.pngScreenshot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to go into the history panel and retrieve earlier edits before this mistake happened. You obviously will have to do this one photo at a time.

As far as the 2nd error is concerned, is that correct, the drive is almost out of free space?

You also might want to develop a more robust backup strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am currently trying to free space on my laptop and iCloud.

I can't find the history panel though...

Regarding the backup, I increased the occurence to each time I leave LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the History panel and I indeed have to do it one photo at a time.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines