Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

metadataThatTriggersRepublish plugin specific metadata

Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to trigger a republish when some plugin specific metadata changes. The docs say I can use (plugin ID).(field ID), but it doesn't seem to be working for me. The plugin ID is "com.500px.publisher", but when I put:

function publishServiceProvider.metadataThatTriggersRepublish( publishSettings )

return {

com.500px.publisher.whatever = true,

}

end

it complains about a malformed number near "500px". When I change the plugin ID to not contain numbers, it complains that it expects a "}" near "=".

So, how can I trigger a republish on some plugin specific metadata?

Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

I believe you have to put the id and fieldname in quotes and brackets:

return {["com.500px.publisher.whatever"] = true}

Syntactically, the expression being returned is a table of key/value pairs, where the key is a string.  Since the key has special characters in it (periods), you can't use the simple table syntax {identifier = value}, since identifiers are not allowed to have special characters in them.  Instead, you have to use the syntax above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you have to put the id and fieldname in quotes and brackets:

return {["com.500px.publisher.whatever"] = true}

Syntactically, the expression being returned is a table of key/value pairs, where the key is a string.  Since the key has special characters in it (periods), you can't use the simple table syntax {identifier = value}, since identifiers are not allowed to have special characters in them.  Instead, you have to use the syntax above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

[EDIT: Worked, thanks. Rather new to lua, so I didn't know about that syntax.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I'm working on something similar but apparently the republish does not work with custom metadata? 

Is there a way to get a custom metadata trigger a republish event or is it a Lightroom bug? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines