• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from CC to Classic 70k + images taking forever

Participant ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to move to Classic from CC (Lightroom). Started  the sync with a clean Classic catalogue two days ago and only at 16,000 downloaded so far with a very fast wired internet connection on a brand new MacBook Pro M1max with 64gb Ram fully maxed out.

Is there any trick to speeding this up? At this rate will be days before ready.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

We're sorry to hear about the slow syncing issue with Lightroom CC, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom CC you're working on and which operating system are you using? What is the total size?

Also, could you please have a look at this thread and let us know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/cc-sync-is-too-slow/td-p/9645388

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Monterey. Latest version of OS and both CC & Classic latest versions.

Total size? Images in CC 2.1TB and I have 10TB in plan with 4TB on MBP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What from that link is helpful? I have no other way to get the 70k + edited images from the cloud to classic other than syncing? All I see in this thread is the advice not to????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate some assistance on this instead of a response with questions then I answer but silence. It is infuriating how slow this is. I said days it is going to be weeks! Makes no sense so what am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate some assistance on this instead of a response with questions then I answer but silence. It is infuriating how slow this is. I said days it is going to be weeks! Makes no sense so what am I missing?

By @JustinPKaplan

That's what happens in internet forums. When someone comes by who knows (or thinks they know) the answer, you get an answer. There is no guarantee of speedy response. I don't know the answer, and I don't know when someone will come by who knows the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JustinPKaplan  You didn't mention how much disk storage your new MBP has. Are you using an internal or external disk? This should only matter if the interface to the disk is partiularly slow.

You should be able to figure out how long the download will take by dividing the 2.1 TB volume of data by by your internet connection download speed in bits/second adjusted for Bytes/sec and then figure out the times in seconds, minutes, hours, etc.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did mention it. 4TB internal storage. Regarding dividing by internet speed that by itself is why i am here because it is taking forever and my speed is 930.4 down / 902.11 up on a blazing fast ethernet. Again, brand new fully specced Macbook Pro with 4TB internal storage. This can't be on my end. So is this normal? Are there are processes taking place? I have all applications shut off and only LRC running.

I am baffled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooops, Sorry Justin, I missed that you posted the disk size. I hope all the images download for you eventually.

My new MBP M1 max Max comes today, but all my image are on local storage.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines