• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic - questions

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrating from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic. I am using LIghtroom 6 on my old iMac. I have a new iMac and want to use Lightroom Classic. My photos are stored on external drives. If I buy Lightroom Classic licence and copy my photos from the external drive direct to my new computer, will there be issues? E.g. will the photos be stored in the Folders and Collections I have created? Will edits to raw photos be saved (if they have not been saved as JPEGs?)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the MACOS is Ventura, then a current bug in the brand new v12 Lightroom Classic will be a problem. 

see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Not a problem with LrC v11.5

You state Lightroom Classic (LrC) so you may already know the difference between current products Lightroom (Lr) and Lightroom Classic (LrC). So, you probably know to not subscribe to the Lightroom Plan, but instead a Photography Plan. Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I buy Lightroom Classic licence ...

Technically, you subscribe to the Photography Plan to get the license, just wanted to make that clear.

... and copy my photos from the external drive direct to my new computer ...

Why bother? Leave them where they are on the external drive.

E.g. will the photos be stored in the Folders and Collections I have created? Will edits to raw photos be saved (if they have not been saved as JPEGs?)

All of this, the answer is YES. Please read carefully and follow carefully the instructions:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/ 

Do not add in your own steps. Do not skip steps. Follow the instructions carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines