Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from lightroom to LRC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I started using Lightroom a few months ago and recently switched to Lightroom Classic.
My concern is that I don't know how to import my images from LR to LRC and still keep my edits.
I did import my photo catalogue to LRC, but the changes to the photos disappeared.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you in advance
Emmanuel

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Don't import the photos, simply enable sync in the Lightroom Classic catalog. Lightroom Classic will download all the images that Lightroom has stored in the cloud, including all their edits. If you used albums in Lightroom, then those albums will sync to collections in Lightroom Classic. You can define where and how Lightroom Classic should store the incoming images in Preferences ('Settings' if you use MacOS Ventura) - Lightroom Sync. The default location is a rather obscure package inside you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't import the photos, simply enable sync in the Lightroom Classic catalog. Lightroom Classic will download all the images that Lightroom has stored in the cloud, including all their edits. If you used albums in Lightroom, then those albums will sync to collections in Lightroom Classic. You can define where and how Lightroom Classic should store the incoming images in Preferences ('Settings' if you use MacOS Ventura) - Lightroom Sync. The default location is a rather obscure package inside your catalog folder, but you can change this to any normal folder and also a dated subfolder hierarchy, so do this first. Just click the 'Choose' button.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working ! Thanks a lot for your time 🙏

Regards

Emmanuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines