• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minimum Side panels width much wider in Norwegian or in English or Swedish

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The side panels takes too much space in Norwegian language.  This was tested also during develop of 11.4, but not fully solved.

I add a screenshot from Norwegian, English and Swedish language, to illustrate the difference. 

Expected:

When switching to Norwegian, I ecspect to adjust the panels in the same way as I did in English. 

The result:

The side panels are adjustetd to the minimum width, and there is only room for 4 miniatyre photos where I in English have space for 5 miniatyre photos of the same size on the same machine with the same resolution. The only change is language.

Workaround:

Change language

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot the system report, but this is the same on Windows and Mac, fully updated.

Lightroom Classic versjon: 11.4.1 [ 202206241800-b406ce4c ]
Lisens: Creative Cloud
Språkinnstilling: nb
Operativsystem: Mac OS 12
Versjon: 12.4.0 [21F79]
Programarkitektur: arm64
Logisk prosessorantall: 8
Prosessorhastighet: NA
SqLite-versjon: 3.36.0
Innebygd minne: 16 384,0 MB
Virkelig minne tilgjengelig for Lightroom: 16 384,0 MB
Ekte minne brukt av Lightroom: 957,3 MB (5,8%)
Virtuelt minne brukt av Lightroom: 405 651,2 MB
Størrelse på minnebuffer: 7,7MB
Intern Camera Raw-versjon: 14.4.1 [ 1122 ]
Maksimalt trådantall brukt av Camera Raw: 5
SIMD-optimalisering for Camera Raw: SSE2
Virtuelt minne for Camera Raw: 175MB / 8191MB (2%)
Virkelig minne for Camera Raw: 176MB / 16384MB (1%)
Visninger: 1) 2704x1756

Informasjon om grafikkprosessor:
Metal: Apple M1 Pro

Initialiseringsstatus: 5
Brukerpreferanser: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Usually you can modify the width of the panel by mofying the parameters in this file: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/TranslatedStrings_Lr_en_US.txt

If you would like to modify it for norwegian you should modify the file in: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/Resources/nb.lproj/TranslatedStrings_Lr_nb_NO.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

This problem is the same on both Mac and Windows. I don't think modifying hidden files is a method for common users. 

I can not locate the folder or file you are describing on my Mac with Lightroom Classic. 

The method everyone can use to adjust panels is click and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The minimum width of the left and right panels is much larger in some languages than in English. While waiting for Adobe to fix this problem (perhaps a very long time), a workaround is to edit the TranslatedStrings file for the language and change these two lines:

"$$$/locale_metric/Mac/Panel/defaultWidth=280"
"$$$/locale_metric/Mac/Panel/minWidth=280"

(The original values in German, Norwegian, and some other languages are 350.)

After doing this, LR can be a little glitchy displaying the columns after you've resized them to be narrower.  Switching between Library Grid view and Develop makes the glitch go away (and in at least some languages, makes the column a little bit wider than 280).

For reference, here are the minimum, default, and maximum width of the panels in LR 11.5:

johnrellis_0-1664320845550.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-huge-ui-side-panels-in-lightroom-classic-on-...

and change the thread title to "Minimum width of panels in some languages is too large".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines