• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing ARW files after import

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there everyone! I switched from Fuji system to Sony (a7iv to be more specific).I have Lightroom classic 12.01, everything seems to be up to date.When I import the new photos from Sony (.ARW), and remove the disk, it shows "The file could not be found" message at top.I believe in the background, it should have transferred the files to some folder but I guess it does not.When I open up the import window, there is a check box which says "Make a second copy.." and it's grayed out.I'm not sure that was available when I imported the Fuji files.Please help me out if it's a problem with the Card reader/ card itself/lightroom. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whereas the previous recovery method is meant particularly for recovering ARW files affected by the PlayMemories Home software issue, you can use Disk Drill to retrieve ARW files that were lost due to device failure or have been deleted by mistake. Simply follow these steps to recover your lost/deleted photos:

Step 1. Download the free Disk Drill version from the official website then run the installer. Follow the wizard’s instructions until the software is successfully installed.
download disk drillStep 2. Make sure the storage medium you want to recover ARW files from is connected to your machine, then launch Disk Drill. Select the appropriate storage medium from the list and click the Search for lost data button once you’re ready.
arw disk drill select storageStep 3. Disk Drill will now begin scanning the medium for all recoverable files. This process may take anywhere between a few minutes to even hours depending on the size and speed of the storage medium.
arw disk drill scanStep 4. After the scan is completed, click the Review found items button and navigate to the Pictures tab from the left panel. To make navigation easier, you can open the View dropdown near the top of the windows and select the Files option. From there, you can click on the Type header to arrange the results by file type, allowing you to find ARW files quicker.
arw disk drill resultsStep 5. Tick the checkboxes beside the file names in the results section to select the files you want to recover. Once you’ve selected all the appropriate files, click the Recover button.
arw disk drill select files to recoverStep 6. A pop-up should appear, asking you to select a location for you to store the recovered files. Keep in mind that you have to choose a different storage medium than the one you’re recovering ARW files from, or else you’ll end up running into an error. Click OK to begin recovering.
arw disk drill select recovery dStep 7. The time it takes to recover the files you selected depends on the file size of the files themselves, as well as the speed of the mediums you’re recovering from and storing to. Once completed, you can navigate to the recovered files by clicking the Show recovered data in Explorer button.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines