• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Edit History and Some Keywords

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lr5 and want to copy all the photos to a different computer that has Lr Classic CC.  I copied the folders from the old computer onto an external hard drive.  When down opening in Lr on the new computer none of the edit history shows (cropping, exposure, etc.) and I want the the history and option to restore the original.  All of the virtual copies are gone!  Some of the keywords are there; but not all.  I do have stars but not color labels.  What happened?  Help!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the information you mention as missing (History, Virtual copies, keywords, labels, etc) is contained in the LR5 Catalog.

Did you move (Copy) the Catalog also along with the photos?

And did you open the LR5 catalog with Lr-Classic to upgrade it to v10?

Do you have separate catalogs for both LR5 and LR-Classic?

Did you 'Merge' two catalogs?

Did you do any Importing of photos?

Did you possibly 'open' an old Catalog from v5 that does not contain the data you are missing?

Read this link for some good information-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

And if you Register (for free) you can download a free eBook "Moving Lightroom to a New Computer"

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/free-downloads/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines