• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Edits in Catalog export

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm in the process of splitting one large catalog into two, basically personal and professional.  There are a few personal reasons that this makes the most sense for me.

To create the new catalog I followed these steps:

• Created a Collection since the photos were in different folders
  • Created a virtual copy of  1 photo with dramatic/obvious edits so I could easily confirm edits tranferred
  • Clicked on the Collection and chose Export this Collection as a Catalog
  • Gave the new Collection the name Test Catalog
  • Unchecked Export negative files so the files didn't move (I want the files to remain on the current location on my Synology NAS).      See snip below
  • Selected Export Catalog

Once the Export was complete I opened the Test Catalog and went to the virtual photo I had edited and there were no edits, it looked like the original.  The other photos all have their Develop Settings at neutral indicating no edits.

My questions are:

1. Did the edits for the virtual copy not export because it was a virtual copy?
  2. Why aren't the Develop settings for the other photos that I had edited showing the edits and not neutral when I open the photo in the Develop module?

I'm using an iMac with MacOS Ventura and LrC v12.01.

Thanks.

Mike

michaela49037436_0-1670698541668.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Exported catalog should absolutely have all edits. It doesn't matter if it's a virtual copy or not. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought so too but they aren't there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines