Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Missing Exif data for videos in Lightroom Classic 11.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with capturing Exif information in videos. It started happening in Lightroom Classic 11.0.1.

Version of the app: Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 (Camera RAW 14.0)
Platform and OS version: MacOS Monterey 12.0.1
Basic steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Copy photos/movies from my SD card to SSD in my Mac.
2. Launch Lightroom Classic and do "Synchronize Folder..."
3. Check Metadata by "EXIF IPTC".

Expected result and actual result:
Most of Exif information is missing for videos.

Details:
I've been seeing Exposure, ISO Speed Rating, Focal Length, etc in both photos and videos until Lightroom Classic 11.0.0.
I recently bought a new MacBook Pro (M1 Max) and installed Lightroom Class 11.0.1. Copied the catalog from my old MacBook Pro (2018 model). It works fine and I can see Exif as I used to see in the old MacBook.

ScreenShot1_old.png
Now, when I import new photos/videos (actually I use "Synchronize Folder..."), Exif information for videos are missing.

ScreenShot2_new.png

The biggest impact is that it's missing "Date Time Digitized". Photos and videos are supposed to be sorted by "Capture Time", so this information is essential. (NOTE: Date Time in Exif exists but it shows the time of file imported to MacBook, not the captured time.)

I compared the settings with Lightroom Class in my old MacBook but couldn't find any special difference.

Could someone please suggest something so that I can import Exif info for videos?

Many thanks is advance!
Satoshi

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?