• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently bought a new computer and have managed to transfer my files, I had to end up linking all my files by clicking on each folder, which then made me merge them all into a parent foler. but they are all still missing and because there is no ? on the files I can't open the box ti find missing files. I have windows 10. have attached a couple of photos. I am very new to LR so am not very good.All help much appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the old computer, complete with working LrC catalog and working file structure?

If so, see:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  do still have computer with L R working. I did follow what lightroom queen instructed  I did backup pictures and lghtroom catalogue and added to my desktop. But I think the problem is that I had already got the shop to transfer my files so maybe I doubled up. When I clicked on the icart I did the one on my desktop from backup. After I linked all files and still missing I thought I will remove the backup ones off desktop, but that took all of them off LR so I have since restored it and they are back there but still missing. I'm pretty sure that when I linked them I didn't use the right path. Showing where the folders are now they are this PC > windowsc > users>idrean>pictures, and I went this pc > destop> idrean> pictures.  As I said I don't know much. 

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You linked Lightroom to the pictures on the desktop, and then you removed those. That's why they are missing now. Don't worry, it's easy to correct that because you still have a copy of the images in your Pictures folder. Just follow these instructions to relink again. Relink the top most folder, that will relink all subfolders as well so it will be much quicker than relinking each folder lower in the hierarchy. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines