• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing folders in Library

Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main had drive is a 14tb drive up until a day or so ago I had all my folders there.  My structure is a folder for each year>then each month> Then the photos are imported by date into the month folder.

Now all I have is this

All my other folders are not showing.  They are still on the hard drive and in the all photos they all have the (!) point showing.

I had folders going back to 2010 (20900 photos)

How can I reconnect?  

Thank you

Joe Cosentino

Joe Cosentino
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

I just reimported by adding them back to the place where they were before and its fine.  Just used the add option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

@joecos55 

Well it's good that you're happy now.

Usually (and for anyone else reading along), re-importing photos is a bad solution, and other things must be tried first. So for others: DO NOT REIMPORT except as a last resort; re-importing will cause problems.

Meanwhile, why did you mark a reply to be correct? That reply is not the correct answer. Would you please fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have over 200,000 photos.  I am thinking about starting new catalogs each year once a project is done I hardly ever have to go back to that job.

Some points to remember:

• Renaming photos based on the syntax YYYMMDD_hhmmss, has benefits, helps with any issues (usually under MACOS) with sorting, as sorting by filename will be sorting by creation date.
  • Keywords, keywords, keywords. Helps with sorting, helps with identification, helps with control.
  • Collection, place those separate projects in separate collections. 
  • Additional folders, some place all photos in one folder, use subfolders to separate work.

see (for example);

https://focusphotoschool.com/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-classic/adding-photos-videos/file-folder-name...

and, yes, link may state other than what I stated, those are my opinions, not facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines