MIssing Hasselblad profile Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX Catalina.New LR Classic can no longer find the Hasselblad lens profile. Last version had no problem with this

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the precise lens name?  See here for the list of lenses:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 

Be sure you're editing a raw file by typing "i" in Develop until you see the file name in the upper-left corner. It's not uncommon for people think they're editing a raw but in fact are editing a JPEG (e.g. the camera settings got accidentally reset).  Most lens profiles only work with raws.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only shoot in RAW.  Both my lenses appear in the list you linked to, Hasselbla 21mm f4 and Hasselblad 35-75 f 3.5-4.  However, from within Lightroom they DO NOT appear --- even though they used to until the latest upgrade.  My question is how to get these lenses listed in the "profile" section.  It makes a difference; Hassie lenses have heavy vignetting, which the profile correction removes, along with some lens geometry corrections.

Thanks for your help, but I'm still stuck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sample Hasselblad XCD 21mm F4 raw, and my LR 11.0 automatically found the lens profile:

johnrellis_0-1635901345990.png

I understand that you only shoot raws, but did you triple-check that the file being edited is indeed a raw by typing "i" to show the info overflay?  There are many reports here and in other forums of people discovering that they're editing a JPEG and not a raw -- the default settings in LR don't make it very obvious.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time it worked.  And yes, I did check the info overlay, and yes, it was a RAW file.  Mysteriouser and mysterriouser.  Thanks for being perssistant in helping me. It's appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working, at least for now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines