Exit

Missing icons in filmstrip

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I am getting crazy.

Since some time I am missing the icons to enable the second screen and the filter menue just above the filmstrip.
It is a element combined with the filmstrip. I can hide/unhide the filmstrip.

In the manual there ist the following picture:

bild1.png

This is how it looks on my mac:

bild2.png

Deleting /Users/%username%/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist brings the icons back, but after some time they disapeared again.

Where can I turn on/off those icons?

Thank you very much in advance for your patience with me...

Kind Regards,

Bruno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Bruno, there is a known bug on Mac versions of LR6.8/2015.8 where the panels all turn black intermittently. See Link:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs

I don’t know whether this is related but another user has also reported the same problem. You could follow that thread for a forthcoming update or start a new bug report specifically related to the filmstrip.

If you prefer, and have no immediate need for new features such as Reference View

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make any difference if you minimize the window and then re-open from the dock icon?

Have you tried quitting LR and re-launching or re-booting your Mac.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon

Thanks for your quick reply.

Restrarting LR or even rebooting the mac does not resolve the issue. The bar is persistently missing.

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the OS recently? After updating MacOS it is sometimes necessary to trash the prefs - you could try that.. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the main plist file relating to LR6 (see image below)or both if you have the two.

Then re-launch Lightroom.

N.B. Apple hides the user Library until the Alt key is depressed.

plist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon

As I wrote: I have delete /Users/%username%/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist already,

which brought the icons back!

But after some time they disapeared again....

Bruno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruno, there is a known bug on Mac versions of LR6.8/2015.8 where the panels all turn black intermittently. See Link:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs

I don’t know whether this is related but another user has also reported the same problem. You could follow that thread for a forthcoming update or start a new bug report specifically related to the filmstrip.

If you prefer, and have no immediate need for new features such as Reference View you could roll back to the previous version. But that means uninstalling, re-installing LR6.0/2015.0 and then downloading the LR6.7/2015.7 patch.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a different bug that's been acknowledged by Adobe.  You can try resetting LR's preferences or this workaround described in the bug report: Filmstrip is covering / overlapping filter- and breadcrumb bar | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report to make it a little more likely Adobe might prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe there is not enough room for those icons? Reduce the width of the left and right tool columns and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines