• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Images & Edits After Version 12 Upgrade

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Lightroom Classic since it was updated to version 12.3.  When I opened it today, a great number of the photos appeared as blank entries.  The blank photos are tagged with an exclamation mark indicating the photo could not be located even though they exist in the same file that, previous to the update, Lightroom had no issue finding.    Additionally, the photos with an exclamation mark have a numeric extension added to the name, -2 (e.g., DSC_0351-2.NEF).  None of my stored photos have this extension when viewing the files in Finder on my Mac. Furthermore, other photos are tagged with a note stating, "The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?" I have only used Lightroom to edit my photos so I'm unsure why this note is appearing.

I am at a total loss where to go from here.  Lightroom is running on a Mac Studio.  My photos are stored on a cloud server.  The Lightroom catalog is stored in the default location locally on disk, where it has always resided.  Prior to the latest update, Lightroom had no problem operating in this configuration.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?