• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing lens profiles, sony, sigma etc..

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some images shot on a sony a7 iii, with a mc-11 adaptor and sigma 50 art (canon mount).  In LR, lens correction, I m not seeing the correct lense option in the drop down under both Sigma and Sony.  Under Sigma, there are a few zoom lens options available.  Under Sony, only 18-200mm is available.  The correct lens information does show up as part of the image (when I press 'I').  How do I fix it so that I can choose sigma 50 art as the lens profile?  Running the latest version of LR classic on windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds ike you're editing a non-raw (JPEG, TIFF, etc.) rather than a raw file. Most lens profiles are available for raws only.  To verify the type of file you're editing in Develop, repeatedly type "i" to see the info overlay in the upper-left corner. It's not uncommon for people here to report that their camera settings got accidentally changed back to JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was editing jpeg files.  But in lightroom 5, the lens correction panel identify the file as shot with a canon 50mm, which is much closer than what I m getting in the latest version.  I am surprised that even though lightroom is able to identify the camera and lens correctly in the info section, but it fails to do so in the lens profile panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I am surprised that even though lightroom is able to identify the camera and lens correctly in the info section, but it fails to do so in the lens profile panel."

It is confusing. In the Metadata panel, LR displays the lens metadata placed by the camera in the EXIF industry-standard field. But in the Lens Correction panel, LR displays the lens information  contained in the proprietary raw metadata, which LR uses to find a lens profile.  The lens descriptions placed in the two metadata fields by the camera are often different, and LR only displays lens models for which it has profiles. For JPEGs, there usually isn't a matching lens profile, so the list of lenses in the Model dropdown necessarily won't match the lens stored in the EXIF metadata field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines