• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Photos and Unable to See Files on External Drive during Import

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a missing photos problem that doesn't seem related to moving or renaming the image files or folders. All my photos are saved on an external drive. When I enter the Develop module for any image in my catalog, I get the "file cannot be found" message. However, in the Library module, nothing appears to be amiss. There are no "file is missing" icons (e.g. exclamations, questions marks, etc). 

Looking at the file structure in Lightroom, nothing looks out of the ordinary either. The external hard drive appears as "read" with a green rectangle next to the name. The folders and subfolders are not greyed out or have any warning icons.  When I right-click on a subfolder and select "show in Finder", the folder pops up with no issues. 

In addition to not being able to enter the Develop Module for existing images in my catalog, I cannot see any files on my external drive in the "Import" dialog box.  I can see the external drive, but no folders or files. 

These problems appeared suddenly after not having used Lightroom for a few months. I'm using macOS Monterey. Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Have you tried this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access-to-lightroom-classic-on-macos/td-p/12913413

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Have you tried this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, that works. Yes, I followed a similar troubleshooting procedure but I don't think it covered all the steps shown in the link you provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines