Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

missing profiles for Epson SP900 with Big Sur 11.1

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer Profiles have disappeared. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print profiles are normally installed when the printer is installed. These are indendepdant of LrC.

Could it be that you somehow lost those selected to appear in the pulled down? In Print, select Profile->Other under Color  Management and see what's listed. If you don't see your printer profiles, I'd suggested reinstalling the printer.

tempsnip.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profiles are buried deep with the Epson driver package Some apps see them and others don't. Fortunately, there are a few workarounds for the later. The one I use is to make a copy of the profiles, then paste them into the ColorSync > Profles folder. However, the trick is to find them first.

In below screesnhot, you'll see that I have highlighted the path to the profile folder. In my case they're located in InkJetPrinter2, but yours will depend on how many Epson Inkjet printer drivers you have installed. When you find the correct printer folder you should open the ICCProfiles folder. Next right-mouse button click on the file  and choose 'Show Package Contents' from context menu. Now copy the profiles to  ColorSync > Profles folder. Lighttroom should now be able to find them.

epson-profiles.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird @Ian Lyons . I've had both Epson 1400 and Epson 15000 printers and both have automatically copie the profiles to the Windows directory c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color. I also find my Canon printers there. Is this a MAX quirk?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Mac thing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the technique here.  It worked for me to solve the reoccuring issue of the print profiles missing for my Canon Pixma Pro on macOS 10.15.7.  

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines