• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Downloads - Irdata (Cannot find original file)

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic on an IMAC.  I recently synced some of my collections to Lightroom Mobile.  After doing so -- I went to my collection on the IMAC and could only see smart previews.  When I went to locate the original file -- it said it was in the mobile dowloads.irdata folder.  I unpacked that folder and the image is not there.  I checked the privacy settings on the IMAC and that is not an issue.  I have the raw image in backup storage.  But when I go to reattach the file -- it says file already imported.  Hopefully someone has some suggestions.  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic community. I'll help you figure this out. I'll need more info.

What version of Lightroom Classic & the macOS are you working on? Do you sync from Lightroom desktop (cloud) on mobile or desktop to Lightroom Classic?

Lightroom should be able to read the images from within the .lrdata folder without manual relocation. Where do you keep the catalog & the Lrdata files on the internal or external drive? Please share more context & details about your workflow.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean with "when I unpacked that folder"? And how did you try to 'reattach' the image? MobileDownloads.lrdata is not a folder, it's a 'package'. There is a way to look inside a package, and perhaps that is what you did, but we have to be sure that we understand what you did, so please describe that in more detail.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines