• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monterey 12.0.1 and LrC Trial Issues

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had read a lot about LrClassic. Thought it would meet all my photo org and editing needs and more. Ended my trial week frustrated. Canceled purchase. Running Apple M1 Pro w/Monterey 12.0.1.

Q#1: Repeatedly had to Force Quit to close the program. Is there a problem with Monterey?

Q#2: I read several reviews that advised against running LrC and the new Lr together. Yet the two are combined in the same purchase package by Adobe. What gives with that? Incompatibilities solved?

Q#3: It seemed to be easy to import my mac Photo folders into LrC, but not to select individual Photo images from within the folder. As a test, I just wanted to import 2 images, but got an entire 200-image folder dump on my screen instead. Never saw the option to select what was coming. I must have missed something obvious. What was it?

Q#4: I thought I read that full-size LrC images are uploaded to the Adobe cloud but cannot be downloaded to LrC from the cloud as full size images. If that's true what accounts for that?

Q#5: The ability to access directly Topaz programs as plug-ins in the LrC editing panel is a real plus. But when I ran Denoise on an image and then also ran Sharpen to see any further effect, the image simply went from pretty-darn-good to blank, like a sheet of white paper. And it wouldn't revert back. Any ideas about what happened?

My thanks to the community for any help. My apologies for any dumb questions. I'd still like to purchase but am hesitating to try it again. Rob

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC does not upload full size images to the Adobe cloud.

You can run LrC and Lightroom together if you know what you are doing ... if not, then recipe for problems.

Yes, you can import just two photos from a folder of 200.

If you choose to try LrC again, please read some introductory material (example: free beginners e-book at lightroomqueen.com) or view some introductory videos rather than trying to figure it out by yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I will partticularly check out the lightroomqueen.com site. That was not one I had come across in looking at the mass of intro materials, online tutorials, user comments, etc., available regarding Lightroom. I have never spent more time prepping to use a program than I did for this one. In contrast, the new Lr seemed mostly intuitive but, unfortunately, didn't meet my organizational needs. Still wondering about my force quit and topaz plug-in issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about Topaz, as I don't use it. I also can't really discuss the force-quit issues as I am not a Mac user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines