• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move book project to new computer

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a new computer (macbook) and has used apple time capsule to restore the old disk on the new computer. However, even dough I am using my old catalog, the collections and books that I was working on (on my old computer) does not appear in lightroom on the new computer. 

Is it possible to transfer collections and books to a new computer? And how?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have done something wrong, like using an old catalog. Everything is stored in your catalog, so if you properly move it to the new computer, then everything should be there. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Big question : HOW did you "move " the catalog to the new computer?

Also, is the version of LR you were using on the old computer the same as the one on the new computer?

If not, LR needs to update the catalog when you launch it. Dont worry, it preserves your old one as it does this and updates the name of the catalog.

Also, where are the photo files themselves stored ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines