• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move file to new folder

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the latest version of Lightroom Classic and when I try to MOVE photos to a sub folder I created it says "this will cause the corresponding file on disk to be moved, etc", which is what it did previously. Now it does not 'Move' it but creates a 'copy' in the new folder but the original is still in the main folder. Is there a fix for this or is this the way it works now?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing has changed in this respect. There is an option in LrC Folder Panel (I am at work right now so I can't be more specific) that tells LrC to display photos in subfolders, or not. You apparently want the option to not allow photos in child folder to be displayed in the parent folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you got it right! I'll check that folder option and have replied to a post below as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up in the menu bar, Library, turn off show in subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input folks 🙂 But just before I upgraded I would be able to Move pictures to a sub folder and they would go to that subfolder and be Moved out of the Main folder. Now a Copy appears in the New Subfolder and the original is still in the Main and doesn't Move. It was better for my Workflow the other way as I have to rate them all now, and then turn on the option to just show the 4 star, for example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all...  Such a simple fix 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines