Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move lightroom 6 to another pc

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

i bought Lightroom 6 for Windows online.

I don't have the E-Mail of the order or the serial number of the app.

The App can't be registered in my Adobe Acc.

I want to move the app that is installed on my old notebook to my new tower pc because my notebook doesn't work properly anymore and my tower pc is much faster anyways.

I already tried copying the data from my old pc to the new one and my pc can open the launcher (Picture 1).

But when I'm supposed to log into my Adobe Acc (it works on the old one) the window crashes and doesn't react anymore (Picture 2).

There has to be a way to make it work!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Sorry, it's in german.

In Picture one you see the login screen that pops up when starting the app.

In the bottom right corner it says "anmelden" which means "log in".

After I press that button *Picture 2* appears and freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought Lightroom 6 for Windows online.

From Adobe, or some other source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a time with Lightroom v4, 5 and maybe 6, that you could extract the Serial Number in Windows, as follows-

Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom and open the .lrreg file with a text editor such as Notepad and retrieve the serial number. You will have to change your file preferences in Windows so that you can see hidden folders in order to get access.

Installing v6 should be done without Creative Cloud Desktop App installed, for the Serial Number to 'work'. Also, if  you purchased v6 as an 'upgrade' you would also need the v5 Serial Number.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for  the quick answer!

I've read every single article regarding this topic by now and nothing seems to work.

I guess, I'll just download the new Luminar AI. Not gonna pay 12€ per month for Lightroom as a hobby photographer.

But thank you anyways and have a great time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to build on WobertC's reply: You'll need to download and re-install LR 6 on the new computer.  See this post for how to do that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370#M170107

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines